Enjoy our grand finale to the 2022 Festival with Verdi’s Il Corsaro filmed live at Evanston’s Cahn Auditorium.
Keep the Opera Festival of Chicago going by making a tax-deductible contribution today!
Support the Opera Festival of Chicago
Verdi’s bombastic 1848 opera plunges us into the dashing world of seafaring pirates. While its popularity was overshadowed by his next operas: Rigoletto, Il Travatore, and La Traviata, this thrilling work is filled with Verdi’s characteristic melodies, rhythms, virtuosic vocal lines, choruses, and large orchestral score.
Performed July 24, 2022 as part of the 2022 season of the Opera Festival of Chicago.
- Jose Simerilla Romero as Corrado
- Christine Arand as Medora
- Franco Pomponi as Seid
- Alejandra Sandoval as Gulnara
- Frank De Vincentis as Giovanni
- Benjamin Burney as the Eunuch
- André De Mesquita as Aga Selimo
- Music by: Giuseppe Verdi
- Libretto by: Francesco Maria Piave
- Emanuele Andrizzi: Conductor
- Amy Hutchison: Director
- Eleanor Kahn: Scenic Design
- Eric Watkins: Lighting Design
- Reid Taylor: Chorus Master
Filmed by Vanna Wrobel
Audio Engineering by Mary Mazurek