Verdi’s bombastic 1848 opera plunges us into the dashing world of seafaring pirates. While its popularity was overshadowed by his next operas: Rigoletto, Il Travatore, and La Traviata, this thrilling work is filled with Verdi’s characteristic melodies, rhythms, virtuosic vocal lines, choruses, and large orchestral score.
- Jose Simerilla Romero as Corrado
- Christine Arand as Medora
- Franco Pomponi as Seid
- Alejandra Sandoval as Gulnara
- Frank De Vincentis as Giovanni
- Benjamin Burney as the Eunuch
- André De Mesquita as Aga Selimo